A web content management system and a document management system were combined to create the VDR. It is a library of specific, organized, sensitive company records in electronic format. Typically, it takes the shape of a website.
Which Organizations Can Use VDR
Financial industry. Businesses that handle sensitive information urgently require safe document delivery methods and access rights management for branches and external counterparties.
groups that design. These businesses frequently run into situations where the working group wants access to data for a predetermined amount of time with a guarantee to prevent (revoke) access to documents after the project is over.
suppliers of communication services. Telecom companies require solutions to safeguard user information and mark documents in compliance with regulatory regulations.
Retailers. Retail businesses must safeguard information that may be valuable commercially and is stored on the devices of merchandisers and salespeople.
Every firm needs current security measures to keep information sent to external counterparties secure and under control.
Benefits of Using a VDR
For the information security and for the information technology department
- Reducing incidents related to the leakage and compromise of company data;
- Saving storage resources through the use of data deduplication;
- Reducing the cost of investigating incidents – the history of each employee’s work with each individual document is stored;
- Reducing external and intranet traffic – email attachments are automatically converted into safe links;
- Manage access to company data wherever they are (DRM). Possibility to revoke previously granted rights;
- Circumvent email attachment size limitations. significant file size decrease
- Extensive interface with DLP programs for extra layers of data security (ICAP support);
- A centralized online interface to control all the features:
- Data backup, mobile device data security, and document collaboration;
- Maximum security without a VPN during data transfer between the workstation and the server;
- VDR often doesn’t take a lot of resources to deploy;
- schedules for detailed reporting on the utilization of company data.
- Simplicity and convenience of everyday use – There is no need for employee training.
Using the VDR, you may build a safe vault where you can control who has access and permanently watermark sensitive papers. You may safeguard data throughout the life of the document, including after it is unloaded from the virtual data room, thanks to the DRM protection component built into the VDR, which is a complete counterpart of AD RMS.
Whether you utilize a public cloud or FTP to move files between workers of a firm or outside counterparties, these methods are now seen as being archaic. This is roughly equivalent to placing a paper in a desk drawer, in which case there can be no doubt that the company’s data is protected. When it comes to keeping business information, the VDR is your personal protection since no one can steal anything from it covertly. Every effort and activity is tracked and under control.
What Opportunities Does the Data Room Provide?
You have total control with a VDR, which is the main benefit. This chance won’t be available to you through FTP or public storage. Even after a document has left the business network, you may still revoke access to it by using DRM protection technology.